Hunter Quarries is a locally owned and operated quarry business providing quality products to internal and external markets within the greater Hunter area. In the delivery of our products, Hunter Quarries is committed to ensuring the safety of our people, our customers, and the general public through compliance with National Heavy Vehicle Regulator & Chain of Responsibility requirements.
The main focus of the position is loading, driving, and delivery of quarry materials to customer sites. The nature of the work requires flexibility to work Monday to Saturday. This is a permanent position, based at our Karuah Quarry.
- Conduct daily checks on the vehicle and reporting maintenance as required.
- Safe delivery of quarry materials (which includes responsibility for compliance with axle weights tolerances).
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed correctly, in a timely manner.
- Managing fatigue and being fit for duties.
- Keeping the vehicle clean and tidy.
- Active participation in Safety Team Meetings, plant inspections, task assessments, and incident reporting.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Current HC (heavy combination) driver’s licence with a good driver history.
- OH&S induction for the construction industry (White card)
- Previous truck and dog experience. Must be accomplished in reversing and jack-knifing a dog trailer. Ideally with have some mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the relevant transport laws and regulations, including Chain of Responsibility knowledge.
- Strong commitment to safety and the environment.
- Provide superior customer focus.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Be self-motivated, professional, and courteous toward others.
- The job is a full-time permanent position.
- Some overtime is available as required.
- Competitive hourly rate as per EBA agreement.
- Employment stability.
- Ongoing training and development.
To apply for this role, fill in the form opposite.